In these terms and conditions “you” and “your” means all persons named on the booking form including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date. ‘I” or
“owner’ means the owner : Sophie Allington, ‘Casteyre’, 32700, Marsolan,
The party leader will accept liability for the performance of the contract, on behalf of the entire party.
1. How to book
Please contact me for availability Contact the gite owner. Then choose prefered payment method.
A 50% deposit must then be paid within 7 days to confirm your reservation.
For booking please download, print out and complete the booking form and email/send together with the 50% deposit.
Important Notes :
- The 50% deposit is nonrefundable.
- All prices net in Euros only. Bank charges for international transactions will be borne by you.
- Accepted payments methods : by € cheque, direct bank transfer or Paypal.
- Payments to the order of : Sophie Allington. Bank details please see booking form.
- Entitled to cancel the booking if the balance is not paid in time (refer clause….)
- Bookings taken within 4 weeks of your arrival must be paid in full.
- The quoted rental price includes local tourist taxes (Taxe de Sejour).
Once I have received your booking form and 50% deposit, I will confirm your booking by e-mail. Please
check all details carefully as soon as you receive them. If any of the information appears to be incorrect,
please contact immediately.
The full balance is required 8 weeks prior to departure.Please take note of the due date you wrote on your
Failure to send the holiday monies by the due date may result in the owner treating the booking as
a cancellation of your holiday. Dishonoured cheques will be treated as a cancellation of your
- The prices quoted are in Euros and the rental price is weekly.
- The gite is fully furnished and equipped. The rental price includes:
- electricity, heating and water costs
- bed linen and towels (beds will be made up for your arrival)
- baby cots and high chairs (please request when booking)
- Cleaning is not included. Guests are expected to leave the gite in a clean and tidy state upon departure.
This includes leaving both indoor and outside furniture in the same place and condition as when you arrive.
Cleaning and ironing services are are available at €15/hour upon request.
- Winter lets :
- A log burner is situated in the main living room for your use. A small pile of approx. 10 logs will be provided
initially, thereafter they can be purchased reasonably at the premises. Bags of logs are also available at most
- Should you also require central heating (underfloor), a small charge of €25/week in addition to the rental
charges is payable to the owner at the end of your stay. Sadly this is necessary as the price of heating fuel in
France is very high.
- Swimming pool
- Normally it is not necessary to heat the pool as it faces south and the hot summer weather keeps it at a very
acceptable warm temperature. However, should there be inclement weather and/or you require the pool to
be heated, a small charge of €5/day will be added required. and payable at the end of your stay.
- I reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in advertised prices at any time before your
holiday is confirmed. I will advise you of any error of which I am aware of at the time of booking.
5. Security deposit
A security deposit of €500 per week is payable on arrival. This can be a cheque which will be returned to you
(uncashed) within 1 week of departure unless replacements or repairs to the property and its contents are
required. Bank charges for international transactions, incurred when refunding the security deposit, will be
borne by you.
6. Cancellation by the owner
In the unlikely event of a significant change or cancellation of your booking by myself as owner, I will
inform you as soon as possible. A full refund will be provided within 7 days.
7. Cancellation by you
- Any cancellation by you (for whatever reason) must be provided in writing or by e-mail. The effective date of
cancellation is the date I receive written notification.
- Cancellations less than 8 weeks prior to arrival will be charged at full cost. Cancellations received 8 weeks
or more prior to arrival will be charged at 50% of the full rate.
- I will endeavour to re-let the property. If successful, I will refund your deposit less all charges incurred.
8. Your responsibilities
- You must keep the property and all the furniture, fittings, facilities, equipment and grounds in the same
state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday, and in the same state of cleanliness
and general order in which it was found. You will be responsible for the payment of any breakages, loss or
damage to the property caused by you. The owner reserves the right to make deductions from the security
deposit for any extra cleaning and to claim for any damage or loss, the cost of which exceeds the security
- Any defects to the property or breakdown in the equipment or appliances should be immediately notified.
Arrangements will be made for repair or replacement as soon as possible.
- For the comfort of all guests, smoking is strictly forbidden inside the gite. Please use ash trays outside and
do not throw cigarette ends on the ground.
9. Number of people using the property
The farmhouse has beds to sleep 8 to 10 people comfortably (1 queen, 2 doubles and 2 singles) although two extra guests (preferably children) can be accommodated on quality camp beds or a very comfortable double sofa-bed.
Parking a caravan or pitching a tent in the grounds is not permitted.
- Only the number of persons stated in the booking may use the property unless otherwise agreed with the
owner. The maximum number of people, including infants allowed at the property may not be exceeded. The
owners have the right to terminate hire without prior notice and without refund or compensation if the agreed
numbers are exceeded.
Myself and my house keeper shall be allowed access to inspect the property prior to your departure. We
also have the right to access the property during your stay to carry out any maintenance should it be
necessary. Due to the house design, the main electrical fuse board is situated in the rental house and very
occasionally needs to be accessed.
The person signing the contract is responsible for the correct and decent behaviour of the party. Should a
member of your party not behave accordingly, we may use our absolute discretion to terminate the holiday of
the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the
accommodation. We will not have any further responsibility toward such person(s) including any return travel
arrangements. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the
12. ADDITIONAL SERVICES AT THE PROPERTY
- Sunday Lunch or dinner can be organised by Sophie Allington by prior arrangement :
Gourmet meal at €45 per head including wine, or the popular ‘heat and serve classic’ at
approx. €25 per head excluding wine.
- If you require anything else or have any queries, need any local information, help with
translation, booking restaurants, local visits to vineyards etc. or even baby sitting Sophie
will be happy to be of assistance. Trips can also be arranged and organised to visit sights
further afield, such as the vineyards and chateaux in and around Bordeaux. This would
ideally need to be requested at the time of booking.
- Private art classes and/or cookery classes available upon request. Minimum numbers of
- Linen and towels are included with the rental. If you require a linen or towel change, you should request this
to the owner as there may be an additional charge.
- There is a baby cot and high chair available if required. Please let me know at the time of booking. It is
recommended that you take your own cot linen for your baby's comfort. If you do not wish to take your own,
again please let me know in advance so I can provide it.
- Swimming towels are provided for 8 people. Any extra swimming towels should be provided by yourselves.
- Please do not use the bathroom towel outside.
14. Grounds, swimming pool and resident animals
The pool :
- Young children must not be allowed to wander unaccompanied in the grounds of the property or pool.
- There are also is a shallow ornamental pond in the grounds, and the owner does not accept responsibility
should injury occur in and and around this pond.
- The owner does not accept responsibility for children's’ safety in or around the pool
- Please keep excess running and excess screaming around the pool to a minimum incase of injury and for
respect of fellow guests
- The use of ‘glass’ drinking tumblers at the pool edge is not recommended and any injury due to this is
strictly your responsibility.
- The pool is fitted with an alarm according to EU regulations, however the owner cannot be held responsible
for any injury in or out of the swimming pool during your stay.
- The maintenance for the pool is included in your rent and access must be made available to my pool
engineer who may occasionally visit during your stay in order to carry out regular cleaning and maintenance.
He is very discreet and should not disturb you.
- Please do NOT remove the pool hoover crab when it is in action.This may result in its breaking down for
which you will be held responsible.
- The pool is a salt water pool, and as such, any urinating in the water can easily upset the delicate
composition of the chemicals, salt and PH balance required. For health and safety reasons please refrain
from urinating or putting other liquids in the pool.
- The donkey fields require to be surrounded by an electric fence.This is at low voltage and will not cause any
serious harm should anyone touch it by mistake.The owner is not responsible should this happen.
- The chicken,duck and goats area are also surrounded by a part electric low voltage fence. The same
condition applies as with the donkey field.
- It is the responsibility of clients to respect all the resident animals and birds, and any that are accidentally let
out of their enclosures and/or are caused harm or injury, will be charged and prosecuted at the owners
discretion. Veterinary fees will also be charged to you if this is necessary, and you are deemed responsible.
- Children are not permitted in any of the animal enclosures.However the owner is happy to accompany the
children who wish to help at feeding times and collect the daily eggs.
- Fresh eggs are available on request.
- Please do not feed any of animals, including the donkeys and ponies.
- The resident cats and Dachshunds are very friendly and used to people. However caution must be taken
whilst driving in and out of the property.
N.B PLEASE NOTE THIS PROPERTY IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANIMAL / BIRD ALLERGY
SUFFERERS. There are resident cats, small dogs, donkeys and chickens on part of the
property.The owner is not liable for any medical complications due to any allergic reactions in
relation to the animals and birds on the property.
15. Security and valuables
Valuables left at the property are left at your own risk. I am not responsible for any loss. Proper care must be
taken against theft and burglary, even though this is very rare and the perimeters of the entire property are
fully enclosed. It is essential, and also your responsibility, to ensure that all doors and windows are closed
and locked when leaving the property.
16. Arrival and departure
- You are kindly asked to inform the owner of your estimated time of arrival.
- Arrival is after 16.00 hours.
- You must vacate the property by 10.00am on the day of departure. If these times cause you difficulty, please
advise us at the time of booking.
- Normal changeover day is a Saturday. Other changeover days may be possible, subject to
availability and must be agreed with the owners at the time of booking.
- No pets please. Accept guide dogs.
18. Our liability
- We cannot be held responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the property or
which is beyond our control.
- We cannot be held responsible for the failure of public utilities such as water, gas and electricity.
- We cannot accept responsibility for losses or damages caused by strikes, fire, storms, floods, airport or ferry
closure or any other event beyond our control.
- We cannot be held responsible for any injury, loss or damage to you personally, your belongings or your
vehicles when using the accommodation, grounds, equipment or other amenities. The use of these amenities
is entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility.
- It is the responsibility of parents to supervise their children.
We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance.
20. Notes and other information
- As with most of rural France, this property is serviced by a septic tank system. It is important that
no sanitary or baby items are flushed down the toilets.
- Water is at a premium in this district, so please use it with consideration to avoid shortages.
- When using the pool,try to use the shower by the pool for rinsing, rather than the house
- A welcome goodies basket will be provided on your arrival. This will include wine, fruit juices,
bread, milk and coffee etc. If you require any other shopping before your arrival please contact the
owner in good time.
- The kitchen is fully equipped for cooking enthusiasts. It has a washing machine, dishwasher,
cooker and hob, fridge-freezer, coffee percolator and coffee ‘capsule’ machine and microwave. Also
available is a hoover, iron and ironing board, hairdryers (1 per bedroom), baby's cutlery, high chair
and baby cot.
- The house has wifi, satellite t.v, DVD player, hifi centre with iPhone docking station, and well
stocked games cupboard. There is a small library and list of DVDs that can be borrowed upon
request with the owner.
- You will be given two sets of remote control keys to allow access in and out of the property
through automatic gates. Care of these keys is your responsibility and you will be charged if they
get lost or damaged.
- You are asked to respect all the resident animals, especially the cats and dachshunds which may sit
under your cars to shelter from the heat. Care needs to be taken when driving in and out of the
premises (dogs, cats, deer and partridge!).
- The house has well stocked up-to- date files with information on places to visit. There are also
maps and leaflets for your use. There is a comprehensive ‘information book’ which has many
useful phone numbers of restaurants, emergency numbers etc and details of shops,markets,fairs etc
A full list of current immediate events during your personal stay is also provided. All this is to help
your stay be as easy and enjoyable as possible.